Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Willie Garson, R.I.P.

Actor Willie Garson, best known for playing Stanford Blatch in the TV series Sex and the City as well as it two feature films, has passed away at the age of 57. No cause of death has been released.

I will remember Garson for his portrayal of Mozzie, the conspiracy theory spouting conman from the criminally underrated TV series White Collar. His interactions with Matt Bomer, Tim DeKay, Tiffani Amber Thiessen and the late Diahann Carroll were priceless. 

Garson had numerous TV credits such as NYPD Blue, Friends and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as well as several Farrelly Brothers movies - Kingpin, There's Something About Mary and Fever Pitch.

Garson has received online tributes from his former White Collar co-star Matt Bomer, Dule Hill and Jason Alexander. Actress Julie Bowen of Modern Family described Garson as "a friend who loved me at my worst, (and always let me know it)." That is a friend worth keeping and now one worth missing. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment