Monday, September 26, 2016

I Loathe Hillary & Trump Even More Than I Already Did

Like millions of other people, I watched the Hillary-Trump debate. Now I feel the need to take a shower because for more than an hour and a half they spoke and said absolutely nothing.

I will say that Trump started out strong and had Hillary on the defensive, but he seemed to tire out after Lester Holt raised his taxes. You could say he had low energy. In fact, he constantly sniffled throughout the night. It made me wonder if he had snorted cocaine because Trump said outright bizarre things. Among other things, he claimed Hillary had fought ISIS her whole adult life (they didn't exist until 2 years ago), claimed he never supported the War in Iraq and that he didn't question President Obama's birth certificate after he produced it. The debate audience laughed uproariously when he said he had a better temperament than Hillary. Trump briefly honed in on Hillary's e-mails, but then pivoted to talking about his businesses. Hillary talked nonsense about the Iran nuclear deal, but instead Trump focused on Japan and South Korea not paying their fair share of their defense. By the end of the evening, Trump came off sounding like a conspiracy theorist.

At the end of 90 plus minutes, I loathe Hillary and Trump even more than I already did. Lester Holt said one of them was going to lose. I wish both of them would and I know I am far from alone.

But one of them will win. At the end of the evening, I think Hillary's camp is the happiest they will have been since the end of the Democratic National Convention. But, of course, Mitt Romney won the first debate, but lost the election. If a week in politics is a lifetime, six weeks is an eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment