Sunday, January 30, 2022

Boston Got Nearly Two Feet of Snow on Saturday

Much of this weekend here in Boston (and throughout the Northeast) has been devoted to snow and for good reason. 

Boston received nearly two feet of snow. To be precise, it was 23.8 inches. Of that total, 23.6 inches came on Saturday tying a single day record set in February 2003 on President's Day Weekend. Stoughton, Massachusetts, a little over 20 miles south of Boston, received 30.9 inches of the white stuff.

It wasn't the biggest snow storm in Boston's history. The aforementioned President's Day Weekend 2003 storm totaled 27.6 inches even eclipsing The Stawm of '78. However, when that storm hit there was already 21 inches of snow on the ground

I stayed inside almost all of Saturday much of spent looking out the window where I saw people shoveling and skiing. At a little past 10 p.m. on Saturday, after the snow had stopped, I look outside and saw that our steps and sidewalk had already been shoveled as had the path to our garbage and recycling bins. Early this afternoon, I dug out the garbage and recycling bins a bit further as I will have to bring them out on Tuesday night.

This storm dwarfed the amount we received a little over three weeks ago. But I'm glad we had it because without it would have been much more challenging going from no snowfall to two feet. I think we were also fortunate that this storm took place on a weekend. There would have been significantly more disruption had it taken place during the week. 

Nevertheless, after having experienced this I think we're ready for anything that comes our way although I hope we don't get storm after storm like we did during the winter of 2014-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment