Thursday, October 1, 2020

Today I Voted For Joe Biden


A month ago today, I declared my intention to vote for Joe Biden.

Today, I made good on that pledge and mailed in my ballot.

All things considered I am fortunate to live in New York City. Less than 100 miles away in Philadelphia, where President Trump says bad things happen, anti-voter intimidation plans are being developed. But the Republican controlled Pennsylvania has introduced a so-called "election integrity" panel to try to undermine the vote.

Or I could live in Harris County which encompasses Houston which has been ordered by Texas Republican Governor Greg Abbott to remove all but one of the ballot drop off boxes with all of 24 hours notice.

Wherever you live in the United States and if you want to vote then please be sure to keep your eyes and ears open. You can start by visiting Vote.org to find out voter information in your area such as how to request absentee ballots or where you can vote early if you choose to vote in person.

The bottom line here is if you want to vote then don't let anyone stop you. This is a democracy worth keeping. But we have to want to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment