Thursday, October 1, 2020

Thoughts on President Trump & The First Lady Testing Positive for COVID-19

Moments ago, MSNBC's Brian Williams announced that President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump have both tested positive for COVID-19. 

This news comes only hours after the disclosure that one of his closest advisers Hope Hicks had tested positive for COVID-19. The President subsequently tweeted that he and the First Lady were entering a "quarantine period".

First and foremost, for all of my disagreement with President Trump over these many years, I hope both he and the First Lady do not become seriously ill. Should they become symptomatic then I hope they make a full recovery. 

I also hope that he gains a greater understanding of COVID-19. From this day forward, I hope he won't demean wearing masks. From this day forward, I hope his staff will be encouraged to wear masks. From this day forward, I hope he will cease holding non-socially distanced political rallies. From this day forward, I hope he will refrain from taking advice on public health and epidemiology from a radiologist. From this day forward, I hope he will refrain from saying COVID-19 doesn't affect younger people (such as Ms. Hicks).

The fact is that President Trump hasn't taken COVID-19 seriously at any point during this pandemic. Had he taken COVID-19 seriously, he not only could have spared millions of Americans a great deal of agony and grief but he could have spared he and his significant other a great deal of agony as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment