Thursday, July 14, 2022

Realmuto is a Real Schmuck When It Comes To Not Getting Vaccinated

Philadelphia Phillies catcher J.T. Realmuto wasn't the only member of his team who didn't travel to Toronto to face the Blue Jays because he refuses to adhere to the Canadian government's rigorous COVID vaccination rules, but he was the most outspoken about it:

I’m a healthy 31-year-old professional athlete. I just didn’t feel a need to get it. I’ve had COVID a couple times, super-mild symptoms, back when it first came out.

When it came time to decide whether I needed the vaccine or not, talking to doctors that I knew and told them my story, I decided I didn’t think I needed it. I wasn’t going to take it just because I was told, basically. What’s money? I’m not going to let Canada tell me what I do and don’t do with my body. For a little bit of money, it’s just not worth it.

J.T. Realmuto is a real schmuck.

The only person Realmuto speaks of is himself. He isn't thinking of anyone else - his family, his teammates much less the people who might have the misfortune of coming into contact with him. Getting vaccinated gives protection not only to yourself, but to others. It's also real rich to hear someone refer to $265,000 as "a little money."

It is attitudes like this which have really turned me off to baseball in recent years and Realmuto is far from alone. Indeed, there have been 36 MLB players who have been ineligible to travel to Toronto because they will not get vaccinated. Of the 36 players, 34 are American. But again seldom does one seem someone this vocal about it. J.T. Realmuto might be a great baseball player, but he is far from being a great person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment