Saturday, November 11, 2023

A Second Trump Presidency Means Our Justice System Would Be Replaced By a Retribution System

Despite the fact that defeated, former President Donald Trump faces 91 state and federal counts pertaining to business fraud, improperly retain and disseminating our top secrets, attempting to overturn the 2020 election and preventing the peaceful transfer of power by way of insurrection, there is a bloody good chance Americans could give him another chance to be President in a year from now.

Trump is making it loud and clear that if he returns to power that he will replace our justice system with a retribution system. As he stated during the CPAC Conference last March:

I am your warrior. I am your justice. And for those who have been wronged and betrayed: I am your retribution.

Of course, when Trump speaks of those who have been wronged and betrayed, he is speaking mainly about himself. Case in point, during an interview with Univision which aired on Thursday, Trump baldly stated:

“If I happen to be president, and I see somebody who’s doing well and beating me very badly, I say, ‘Go down and indict them.’ Mostly that would be, you know, they’d be out of business. They’d be out of the election.”

In other words, simply "doing well" against and "beating" Trump would be considered crimes warranting indictment. 

Never mind that Trump would be constitutionally prevented from seeking a third term. That is, unless Trump seeks to terminate the Constitution as he has mused about previously

Trump decries the weaponization of the federal government, but he is all too happy to use it as a cudgel against his enemies, real and imagined. Let us remember that Trump's first impeachment came to pass because he demanded Ukrainian President Voldymyor Zelensky open an investigation into Joe Biden or have congressionally approved military aid withheld. 

Mind you, Trump rationalizes his behavior by claiming this is President Biden's bidding as he told Glenn Beck last August:

And I never hit Biden as hard as I could have. And then I heard he was trying to indict me and it was him that was doing it.

You know, I don’t think he’s sharp enough to think about much, but he was there and he was probably the one giving the order. But he was, you know, hard to believe that he even thinks about that because he’s gone. But then I said, well, they’re actually trying to indict me because every one of these indictments is him, including Bragg. But he put his top people.

I don’t know if you know this, he put his top person into the office of the Manhattan district attorney. They’ve been in total coordination with Fani Willis. The woman that I never met, that they accused me of rape, that’s being run by a Democrat, a Democrat operative, and paid for by the Democrat party. You know, so many of these days, I have a couple of other lawsuits all funded against me by the Democrats. But these are sick people. These are evil people.

Yet Trump's adult children cannot be described as Democratic operatives nor can former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Sidney Powell or Jenna Ellis. Thus Trump's rantings and ravings are delusional and paranoid. But dictators, both aspiring and actual, are delusional and paranoid. And Trump is more than happy to make his delusions and paranoia government policy in the form of retribution. This would be a perversion of justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment