Wednesday, June 19, 2024

No Celtics Parade For Me (Or What Am I Going to do on Juneteenth?)

When the Boston Celtics won the NBA Final against the Dallas Mavericks on Monday night, it was my hope that a parade would be held today as most people are off work because of Juneteenth.

However, the parade will be held on Friday morning instead. Since I will be at work, I shall not be in attendance. 

It is probably just as well that is not held today. As I write this, it is 91 degrees outside, and it expected to feel anywhere between 95 and 105 degrees

While rain is expected on Friday, the precipitation probably won't arrive until the late afternoon and early evening after festivities have concluded and temperatures aren't forecast to reach 90 degrees though it'll get close. Then again, having the parade on Friday will be helpful to Boston and surrounding area school children who will have finished classes by then.

In lieu of a Celtics parade, I had given thought to going to Walden Pond but there will be no swimming due to high bacteria levels

Methinks I will head to Crystal Lake in Newton which shall be open today due to the heat. As hot as it might be today, I don't want to spend a summer holiday couped up indoors all day. Don't worry. I'll stay hydrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment