Friday, November 6, 2020

Ken Hensley, R.I.P.

Singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Ken Hensley, best known for playing keyboards for the British progressive rock and heavy metal band Uriah Heep, died on Wednesday following a brief illness. He was 75.

Hensley was Uriah Heep's principle songwriter. I remember listening to their standout 1972 album Demons & Wizards in my early adolescence featuring the Hensley penned "Easy Livin'". My Dad described the music of Uriah Heep as "heavy metal with a brain."

Hensley's passing comes just over a month after the death of drummer Lee Kerslake. The only surviving original member is lead guitarist Mick Box.

Here is Uriah Heep performing "Easy Livin'" in 1973 following by a brief commentary by Hensley in 1985. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment