Monday, November 30, 2020

Going Duckpin Bowling on Saturday Afternoon Might Have Saved My Life

On Saturday afternoon, I went duckpin bowling at the Painted Duck. It was the second time I had done so since moving here just over a month ago.

Had I not gone duckpin bowling, I would have made my way to the newly opened Bowlero Atlantic Station for some tenpin bowling as I did two weekends ago.

The decision to go duckpin bowling might have very well saved my life.

This past Saturday, a brawl among teenagers broke out at Bowlero Atlantic Station and spilled out onto the street. The brawl involved an estimated 300 teens and children sending one teen to the hospital.

Aside from the fact these youths assembled without supervision and during a pandemic is cause for sufficient concern, but then add the violence and you have both a public health and a public safety hazard.

Now I'm sure if I were to go to Atlantic Station in a couple of weeks the security would be beefed up. But if it's all the same I think I'll stick with duckpin bowling. 

In which case I hope these restless youths don't get any ideas about other forms of bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment