Thursday, November 26, 2020

I Have a Lot For Which To Be Thankful During Thanksgiving 2020

I am spending Thanksgiving Day all by myself. This is not the first time this has happened nor do I suspect it will be the last. 

But this is quite alright. Because for all the death and misery which has been wrought upon us by COVID-19 this year, I have a great deal for which to be thankful this year.

First and foremost, I still have my health and, God willing, it will stay that way. Knock on wood and other disinfected substances. Needless to say there are many who are sick and even those who are recovering may never be the same. 

Second, I have landed on my feet. I have now been in Atlanta for almost a month and will be getting my first full paycheck tomorrow. Millions of other Americans are far less fortunate.

Third, we had the good sense to elect Joe Biden earlier this month. Though he will not take office for another 55 days there is hope on the horizon for this country that we have not had for some time now and we can look forward to this change in our state of affairs. For this we can certainly be thankful.

Fourth, I am thankful for simple pleasures such as practicing tai chi, walking to and from work through Piedmont Park or immersing myself in the music of Fanny.

Whether you are alone or with others (hopefully wearing masks and socially distanced) I hope you are having a joyful and safe Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment