Monday, April 24, 2017

On Sean Hannity's Accuser

When I read this morning that Debbie Schlussel had accused Sean Hannity of inviting her to his hotel room I had a feeling this would unravel quickly. Now she's saying he only invited her to his hotel and that it wasn't sexual harassment. This was not long after Hannity forcefully denied Schlussel's claims and threatened legal action.


Although I have never met Schlussel in person I can attest that she has only a passing relationship with the truth. Back in 2011 during the Arab Spring in Egypt, my then American Spectator colleague John Guardiano and I had quite the debate over it. He was very optimistic while I was far more skeptical.


Enter Debbie Schlussel and her bat shit craziness. She made this bizarre claim that I had stated the mob who attacked CBS journalists Lara Logan were operatives of then Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and approvingly quoted Nicholas Kristoff of the New York Times in this regard. I did no such thing and invited her to correct the record. Well, it's been over six years and I'm not holding my breath.


I realize there were those who were chomping at the bit to get Hannity after the fall of Bill O'Reilly last week. While I think Hannity is insufferably annoying for his support of Trump that isn't cause to automatically supporting this kind of allegation. Schlussel has had a vendetta against Hannity going back a decade and it seems strange that she is only mentioning this incident now. Allegations like these are not to be leveled lightly and under the circumstances I view it with a great deal of skepticism and I am far from alone.







No comments:

Post a Comment