Wednesday, April 12, 2017

In Five Months Trump Goes From Knowing Bannon A Long Time to Not Knowing Him At All

What a difference five months makes.


In an interview published by The New York Post yesterday, President Trump said of Steve Bannon:


I like Steve, but you have to remember he was not involved in my campaign until very late. I had already beaten all the senators and all the governors, and I didn’t know Steve. I’m my own strategist and it wasn’t like I was going to change strategies because I was facing crooked Hillary.


But Trump was singing a very different tune shortly after his election in November. When asked by The New York Times if Bannon was racist or anti-Semitic, Trump said:


Um, I’ve known Steve Bannon a long time. If I thought he was a racist, or alt-right, or any of the things that we can, you know, the terms we can use, I wouldn’t even think about hiring him.


So in the afterglow of his victory, Trump says he's known Bannon "a long time." But now that Bannon has caused him grief now its "I didn't know Steve."


At this point, I'd be surprised if Bannon is still in the White House by the end of the month, possibly the end of the week.


I don't feel sorry for Bannon at all. You swim with sharks sooner or later you're going to get bit.


Now when is Trump going to get around to saying he doesn't know Sean Spicer?







No comments:

Post a Comment