Monday, May 1, 2023

Bruins Unceremoniously Ousted While Celtics Playoffs Hopes Still Alive

I haven't honestly been paying much attention to Boston sports since my return to this area nearly two years ago.


Whatever dismay there was with the Bruins has been mitigated by the Boston Celtics beginning the NBA Eastern Conference Semi-Final against the Philadelphia 76ers. Alas, the Celtics dropped Game 1 by a score of 119-115 which is bound to make the natives restless. But the Celtics still have time to rebound.

My attention for the Bruins and Celtics is only aroused when I occasionally bump into Bruins and Celtics fans on the way to the Garden. Of the two fan bases, the Celtics are less obnoxious. The Bruins fans have too much blood in their alcohol and seem eager for a fight. At least to this point, I can put up with Celtics fans.

It's been 15 years since the Celtics last won the NBA Title. Should the Celtics win the NBA Title and if the parade is on a weekend and it is a nice warm, comfortable day then I might go. But I will cross the Mass Ave Bridge when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment