Sunday, February 27, 2022

MTG Was in The Neighborhood & Just Happened to Drop By a White Supremacist Conference


On Friday night, Republican Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene made a surprise appearance at the America First Political Action Conference in Orlando, Florida. AFPAC is a white supremacist organization founded by Nick Fuentes who has engaged in Holocaust denial

I do not know Nick Fuentes. I've never heard him speak. I've never seen a video. I don't know what his views are, so I'm not aligned with anything that may be controversial.

In other words, Marjorie Taylor Greene was in the neighborhood and just happened to drop by a white supremacist conference. When reporters told Greene that Fuentes is a white supremacist she defensively replied:

I do not endorse those views. The reason why I went was to talk to the audience. Just like I've talked to many different audiences. I've talked to Democratic union workers earlier this week. I talked here at CPAC. I talked to his people who were there. 

Needless to say, I do not believe her. I think she knows exactly who Fuentes is, his audience and what they want to hear. Fellow GOP Congressman Paul Gosar knows who Fuentes is and spoke before AFPAC last year and again this year. 

Worst of all, Marjorie Taylor Greene (nor for that matter Gosar) will face no consequences from Kevin McCarthy for speaking at a white supremacist conference. Mitt Romney may call MTG "a moron" and Liz Cheney can always be counted on to stand up for what is right. To his credit, former Trump Administration Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also blasted Greene for "playing footsie" with "anti-Semitic neo-Nazis". But they are the exceptions to the rule.

The sad truth is that Marjorie Taylor Greene has a far higher standing in the GOP than Romney, Cheney and even a Trump loyalist like Pompeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment