Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Former Astronaut Scott Kelly Apologizes For Quoting Churchill

Former NASA astronaut Scott Kelly has apologized for quoting Winston Churchill.

Kelly received backlash after quoting Churchill following the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. "One of the greatest leaders of modern times, Sir Winston Churchill said, “in victory, magnanimity.” I guess those days are over," tweeted Kelly.

Upon said backlash, Kelly sent out another tweet:

Did not mean to offend by quoting Churchill. My apologies. I will go and educate myself further on his atrocities, racist views which I do not support. My point was we need to come together as one nation. We are all Americans. That should transcend partisan politics.

Atrocities? You mean like stand up to and defeating Hitler?

But there are those on the Left such as British academic Kehinde Andrews who not only calls Churchill a racist but considers him at the root of the problem

And what of Jeremy Corbyn's anti-Semitism? Well, not so much.

The Left seeks to delegitimize figures it deems impure and we give up without so much as a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment