Wednesday, March 2, 2022

I Had a Feeling Boebert & MTG Were Going To Heckle Biden During SOTU

I covered this last night among my seven observations of President Biden's first SOTU address to Congress, but I would like to discuss the boorish behavior of Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene a little bit more. 

For starters, I had a feeling it would happen. Prior to the start of the SOTU, I tweeted, "Will MTG or Boebert heckle President Biden? #SOTU2022"

As it turned out both of them did throughout the SOTU address although it was Boebert who could be heard when the President spoke of his deceased son Beau. I directed my attention to Boebert when I replied to one of her tweets, "How does it feel to heckle a man talking about his deceased son?" This tweet earned 460 likes - the most I've ever had. I say this not to boast, but rather to convey my disgust and the disgust of others towards Boebert's behavior.

Sadly, none of this comes as a surprise. After all, MTG once referred to Biden as "a piece of shit" while Boebert used the term "Needle Nazis" to describe Biden's vaccination efforts.

What is even sadder is that Boebert and Greene's stock are going to rise among Republicans and conservative activists. Hell, it would come as no surprise if Donald Trump named one of them as his VP running mate in 2024.

I can only hope that their behavior disgusted everyday Americans who tuned into the speech and are not consumed by politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment