Thursday, October 27, 2016

Gary Johnson Is All Out of Joint & Needs One Badly


As horrid as Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are, I was sorely tempted to cast my vote for Gary Johnson and the Libertarian Party.

This temptation did not last long and it burned out long before his Aleppo moment. I concluded that I wouldn't mind him being my personal fitness instructor, but not my President.

But after seeing this interview with The Guardian I wouldn't want to be within ten feet of him (something I have actually experienced).

Yes, the interviewer was slightly obnoxious, but Johnson should have easily turned around questions about his poll numbers and his tax policy. At one point, Johnson said he didn't want to argue about his tax policy after being told no serious economist thought eliminating the income tax was feasible. Johnson should absolutely be eager to defend his taxation policy. At the very minimum, Johnson ought to have asked the reporter which economists he was specifically citing.

Instead, Johnson ended up talking about the legalization of marijuana but not before he went off on the reporter.

The fact that Johnson got angry and turned the subject to marijuana suggests to me that he is out of joint and needs one badly for his own sanity.

Gary Johnson isn't cruel, corrupt or conniving like Hillary or Trump. Nevertheless, he clearly lacks the temperament to be President of the United States even at his highest point.

No comments:

Post a Comment