Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Why I Think Christie Will Endorse Trump Again

Early this evening, former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie ended his GOP White House bid.

Christie staked out his position as the anti-Trump candidate and Republican voters have made it clear there is no room for anti-Trump views in MAGA country. 

While I thought Christie would stick around through New Hampshire, he has been under pressure to drop out for more than a month

So where does he go from here?

For all his anti-Trump rhetoric, I don't think Christie is going to endorse President Biden. He made that loud and clear to Hugh Hewitt last week

What would be in it for Christie to endorse Biden? I just can't see Christie putting country before party. Besides, he signed a pledge declaring his support for the eventual Republican nominee which he and everyone else knows is going to be Trump. 

Despite all his anti-Trump rhetoric, it just rang false to me. I've heard too many other Republicans spout the same line such as Lindsey Graham (more than once) and Rick Perry only to kneel before Zod. If he can't beat Trump, he'll join Trump - again.

Believe me, I would love nothing better than to be wrong. But unless Christie endorses President Biden all his rhetoric against Trump will have been meaningless. As such I will continue to view him as a quisling like almost every Republican out there barring perhaps Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment