Thursday, January 25, 2024

More Hate at Harvard Against Jews as Hostage Posters Defaced

(via Aviva Klompas on X)

Harvard University has yet again made headlines for anti-Semitism on campus. 

This time it has taken the form of graffiti on posters of hostages being held by Hamas

The graffiti includes linking the hostages to the attacks of September 11, 2001, and Jeffrey Epstein although perhaps the most sickening desecration on the poster of an infant named Kfir Bibas which read, "Head still on."

While it is unclear whether this heinous act was committed by Harvard students, faculty or staff, it is clear that it was done by someone in my neighborhood. Even if the perpetrator or perpetrators have no affiliation with Harvard, it is clear there are many at Harvard who share these vile sentiments.

Earlier this month, I participated in a march commemorating the hostages who have been by Hamas for 100 days. The march commenced at Harvard Chabad. At the time I wrote:

While I consider it my duty to remind the world that Hamas still hold hostages, I do so with the knowledge that much of the world either doesn't care or is glad Hamas did what it has done and hopes the likes of Omer Neutra dies in captivity. 

What I ought to have added is that a great many people have minimized or ignored Hamas behavior towards hostages most notably where it concerns rape and sexual assault. In the case of this graffiti, there is now the claim that Hamas has not taken hostages at all. If there are people who deny that Hamas has taken hostages is it really a stretch of the imagination to think that these same people would deny the Holocaust?

Cambridge, Massachusetts is my home. But I have come to accept that many of my neighbors hate Jews and have been increasingly willing to express this hatred. I have no desire to leave, yet I must tread carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment