Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Locked Out of Twitter Again & I Can't Get Back In; Perhaps It's Best I Stick With Facebook

Here is something I wrote last month in response to Elon Musk's imminent purchase of Twitter:

At this point, I have no plans to quit Twitter. I got locked out of Twitter twice before finally getting back on shortly after moving to Atlanta. If the Elon Musks of the world want to litter Twitter with MAGATs and Russian bots then they will have to put up with me until they see fit to lock me out once more.

Well, evidently someone in the current regime beat Musk to the punch because as of last night I am once again locked out of Twitter and I cannot back in. I'm not sure what crime against humanity I committed. But whatever it was it led to this response:


So I don't have a verified email address, but Twitter will email that address anyway. It's a bureaucracy and you can't talk to anyone.

Considering I got kicked out the same day defeated former President Trump was welcomed back to Twitter perhaps it is best that I stay out and stick with Facebook.

Twitter is useful in getting breaking news and in getting a few more people to view these posts. Yet Twitter is a very toxic place, Musk or no Musk, Trump or no Trump. There are a few good people on Twitter but for the most part I am also connected to them through Facebook. Although I will miss seeing all those beautiful cats on Twitter especially on #Caturday. Orange cats are the best.

To be sure Facebook has its own share of problems, but my experience on that platform has been far more meaningful and satisfying as I have renewed acquaintances with people I haven't seen since childhood while getting acquainted with people who enjoy Fanny as I much as I do. In view of these facts why would I stick with a social media platform in which the vast majority of my interactions are negative? 

Perhaps these posts will get fewer views, but quantity is no match for quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment