Thursday, April 29, 2021

Thoughts on NYC Fully Reopening By July 1st


New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced plans that the city would be fully reopen come July 1st. Governor Cuomo hopes it will be far sooner.

Whenever that day comes it will be symbolic triumph over COVID-19. After all when the pandemic hit the United States it hit New York City the hardest. I was there during its darkest days when the streets were desolate, when businesses were boarded up and a short-lived curfew was imposed. 

I am happiest for my Dad. Of course, he walks at least 20,000 steps a day whether New York City is open or closed. But no doubt he will be happy to see more people milling about. 

While it might have been nice to see New York City reopen first hand a job in Atlanta came calling me and I have now been here six months plus a day. 

In any case, I liked New York City better as a visitor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment