Saturday, January 23, 2021

COVID-19 Claims Talk Show Legend Larry King, R.I.P.

Larry King passed away this morning of COVID-19. He was hospitalized for the condition last month. King was 87.

King's career as a broadcaster spanned more than 60 years. A quarter century of that was spent hosting Larry King Live on CNN. Although he would "retire" from that post more than a decade ago he never stopped working until COVID got him.

I must admit that I seldom watched him, but he was hard to miss with his voice, the glasses and the suspenders. 

When I think of Larry King I think of him sitting behind home plate at Los Angeles Dodgers' games. Certainly the Dodgers winning the World Series for the first time since 1988 pleased him to no end. 

The passion for baseball runs deep in the King family. Two of King's sons Chance and Cannon were drafted by the Chicago White Sox in 2017 and 2018, respectively.

I leave you with a short video in which he discusses his love for the game including watching Jackie Robinson's big league debut in 1947. R.I.P.



No comments:

Post a Comment