Friday, August 28, 2020

Chadwick Boseman, R.I.P.

I am sure I am from far alone in being stunned in learning about the death of actor Chadwick Boseman who succumbed to colon cancer today. He was diagnosed with the disease four years ago, but kept his illness private. He was 43. 

Boseman is best known for his portrayal of The Black Panther in two Avengers films, Captain America: Civil War as well as starring in The Black Panther. He also starred in several biopics portraying Jackie Robinson, James Brown and Thurgood Marshall. 

When I think of Boseman I always think of his portrayal of Robinson in 42. Boseman portrayed Robinson with grace, power and resolve. It was also his first starring role and was a harbinger of things to come. Superstardom would come Boseman's way and I thought this stardom would last for decades to come. Sadly this will not to come to pass.

What makes Boseman's death so eerie under than its sheer unexpectedness is the fact that it took place on Jackie Robinson Day in MLB where all players wear 42 in Robinson's honor. Now that honor will suddenly be shared with Boseman. R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment