Monday, December 11, 2017

Thoughts on The ISIS Inspired Attack at NYC's Port Authority

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that someone who attempt a terrorist attack at NYC's Port Authority. Honestly it only surprises me that it has taken this long for someone to try.

Fortunately, the terrorist in question was less than competent. He did injure several people, but the NYPD prevented further harm from happening.

Nevertheless, let us remember there were two terrorist attacks at the WTC. No doubt someone will try again. Of course, less than six weeks has passed since an ISIS inspired terrorist killed 8 people with a truck on a bike path near the WTC.

As I frequently travel to NYC, I know the Port Authority well. Indeed, I was there exactly two weeks ago today when I traveled back to Boston. The terrorist could have just as easily chosen that date as it was right after Thanksgiving weekend. But for the Grace of God.

There are actually quite a few places I've traversed which have seen terrorist attacks - Boylston Street here in Boston, Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Westminster Bridge in London and the Central Bus Station in Jerusalem. It is only natural to wonder if I will one day be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Of course, the Right will heap praise on the Muslim ban even though Trump hasn't seen fit to include Bangladesh as part of the ban. Meanwhile the Left will say this has nothing to do with Islam. Both are wrong and life will carry on for worse.




No comments:

Post a Comment