Thursday, December 28, 2017

Remembering My Twitter Exchange With Rose Marie

I was saddened to learn of the passing of singer and actress Rose Marie at the age of 94.

Just over a year ago, Rose Marie and I crossed paths on Twitter. In December 2016, CBS rebroadcast two colorized episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show. I noted that Dick Van Dyke, Carl Reiner and Mary Tyler Moore were still with us. Needless to say, I omitted Rose Marie and I was reminded of this fact by none other than Rose Marie herself.

So when CBS rebroadcast another two DVD episodes last week I made sure to tell people that Rose Marie was still with us.

With 2017 coming to a close both Mary Tyler Moore and Rose Marie have left for heavenly pastures. We can only hope Dick Van Dyke and Carl Reiner don't join them anytime soon.

Rose Marie found a way to thrive in vaudeville, on record, on radio, on television and on Twitter and made all of those mediums better. R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment