This afternoon two men were stabbed on NYC's Upper West Side by a man chanting "Allahu Akbar". One of the men was wearing a yarmulke and was attacked as he left a synagogue on Amsterdam and West 86th Street. Fortunately, both men are expected to survive their injuries.
Hours later, NYC Mayor Zohran Mamdani issued a boilerplate statement declaring, “These hateful and despicable attacks have no place in our city.”
Yet it is Mamdani who is causing the very hate he says there is no place for in New York. After all, scarcely 48 hours ago, it was Mamdani using taxpayer money to willfully promote hatred against Jews by demanding the arrest of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he visits NYC for the UN General Assembly in September amid dubious claims of genocide.
While Mamdani is clear in stating that Netanyahu is not welcome in NYC, he is more than happy to welcome Chinese Premier Xi and the Myanmar military junta. Mind you, both regimes are committing genocide against their Muslim populations. But it would seem that Mamdani cares very little about fellow Muslims unless he can blame Jews for their suffering.
Make no mistake. This is not only about singling out Israel, but also about singling out Jews and today's attack is a consequence of Mamdani's message. Indeed, if Mamdani spent his time addressing issues in Harlem instead of being a mouthpiece for Hamas then I submit this attack does not happen today.
Mark my words. Things are going to get worse. A lot worse. I firmly believe there will be an October 7th style attack against Jews in NYC. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I doubt I will be so long as Mamdani is in office.
No comments:
Post a Comment