Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Hating Jews is Never Nice

Last month, Austin Franco, a student from Cornell University made waves he told a prospective employer who had offered him a job, "Not interested in working for a jew (sic). Thanks."

The prospective employer posted Franco's response on X.

Alas, Franco was unrepentant stating in reply:

My experiences with Jews have not been pleasant … this is not to say I havent (sic) had positive experiences, but on the aggregate that is not the case. Given that I have been doxed and intim[id]ated (sic) by your community including having my personal life investigated for no other reason than a single comment I cant (sic) imagine any reasonable person not coming to a similar conclusion.

What exactly did Franco expect when he said he wasn't interested in working for a Jew?

What exactly did Franco expect when he then made a point of saying he had unpleasant experiences with Jews?

Why was it unreasonable for the prospective employer not to have reacted in the manner in which he did?

Would Franco have declined an offer of employment on the basis his boss might be African American, a Muslim and/or a woman?

For his part, Gabe Einhorn, the prospective employer, stated in response, “He’s just a student, he might not know any better — it could be people in his environment, or on social media he saw something about Jewish people and he is just following the wave.” 

Based on what Franco said and how he said it, he has a deep-seated antagonism towards Jews and is unafraid to say so. Indeed, Franco commented on the situation earlier this week indicating that Cornell has taken no disciplinary action against him. In view of the present state of affairs, I suspect that if Franco had directed his comments towards African Americans, Muslims, women or any group other than Jews then Cornell would have disciplined him by now.

Then there is also the fact that Franco has received more than $20,000 primarily from a white supremacist YouTuber named Lord Miles who wants to see a Hitler to rise to power in America by 2039. Perhaps Franco is the future Hitler than Lord Miles is seeking. Whatever the case, Franco has thus far been rewarded instead of being shunned for his anti-Semitic views.

What I find remarkable is Franco's lack of self-awareness:

I mean I thought I was being nice. Saying this is why I don’t want to work for you. Most employers are just like, ‘Sorry, we can’t hire you.’ They don’t give you a reason. At least you know, right?

Well, there's nothing nice about hating Jews. Not now, not ever. Where is the kindness in telling someone that you don't want to associate with them solely on the basis of their faith? 

If Franco wanted to be nice, then all he needed to say was a simple no thank you and left it at that. 

Clearly, Franco wanted to tell a Jew he didn't want to work for him because he is a Jew.

As to Franco's complaint about employers not letting him know why he wasn't hired, it is a matter of federal law that an employer cannot deny someone employment on the basis of religion, race, sex and national origin.

The only favor Franco did here was to enable this employer (and possibly other prospective employers) to dodge a bullet. 

Unfortunately, I suspect there are not only a lot more Austin Francos out there, but they will make themselves known. Especially if they are rewarded for engaging in such behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment