Tuesday, January 15, 2019

The DNC Dissociates Itself From Women's March For Ties to Farrakhan; So What About Obama?

I'm glad to hear the DNC saw fit to dissociate itself from the Women's March after its leadership repeatedly praised Louis Farrakhan while refusing to condemn his anti-Semitism as demonstrated by Tamika Mallory's disgraceful performance on The View on MondayKudos to Meghan McCain for delivering the knockout punch just over two months after actress Alyssa Milano stated in an interview with Advocate that she could not continue her support for the Women's March because of their anti-Semitism.

I share Milano's dismay. After all, I attended the Women's March in Boston the day after President Trump's inauguration to convey my displeasure with his election and for the things he said during the election campaign. Trump has done nothing to make me regret my decision to march that day. While I knew I didn't agree with everything the Women's March stood for I was nevertheless dismayed by their leadership's anti-Semitism and admiration for anti-Semitic figures like Farrakhan. Had I known at this on January 21, 2017 then I would have expressed my displeasure with Trump in another manner.

With that said, when I praised Milano's statement I pondered about what she thought of then Senator Barack Obama's 2005 meeting and photograph with Farrakhan:

Good for her. I wish more Democrats and so called progressives would speak out against Farrakhan.

Yet this leaves me with a question. What does she think of President Obama for meeting Farrakhan in 2005 shortly after his election to the Senate and having his picture taken with him? After all, Milano has long been a supporter of Obama and praised him and Michelle Obama for their service shortly before he left office in January 2017.

Would she distance herself from Obama as she has from the leadership of the Women's March?

Would she distance herself from Obama for his failure to not only to denounce Farrakhan and his anti-Semitism, but to give him legitimacy?

Or would she stop short for fear running afoul her left-wing allies?

Either way I would like to know.

In light of today's development, I would like to pose the same questions to the DNC as well as add more question.

How is Barack Obama posing for a photograph with Louis Farrakhan any different than if Donald Trump had posed for a picture with David Duke?










No comments:

Post a Comment