Massachusetts Democratic Senator Ed Markey easily fended off a Democratic primary challenge from soon to former Congressman Seth Moulton.
With 68% of the polls in, Markey has a lead of just under 30 points over Moulton despite being more than 30 years older than Moulton.
This is more than triple the margin by which Markey bested Joe Kennedy III exactly six years ago today.
While I prefer my Democrats to be moderate as opposed to progressive, I loathe candidates who believe they are entitled to my vote by virtue of their age by the vice of someone else's. The older I get the less patient I am with this line of reasoning. Critique a politician for their performance not for what year they were born.
I also found Moulton utterly insufferable when he went out of his way to say he would return AIPAC donations last year. When I hear that from a politician, I hear a politician telling me that Jews should not participate in the political process. With that being said, Markey has long been hostile towards Israel. So, I have no great affection for him either.
Markey will face Republican John Deaton who is also critical of AIPAC's participation in the political process. Not that it matters much. There's no way Massachusetts is electing a Republican to the U.S. Senate no matter how anti-Trump he might be.
I am a stage in my life where I just don't have a high opinion about politicians whatever their party.
As for whose side I am on, I am on my side. I prefer to keep my own counsel and will do for as long as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment