Monday, September 28, 2026

A Belated Thought for PAC

 

Sunday evening came the news of the sudden death of professional wrestler PAC (born Benjamin Satterley) at the age of 40. No cause of death has been released as of this writing though he was found unresponsive in his car outside a restaurant in Des Plaines, Illinois. No foul play is suspected.

His passing came less than 24 hours after wrestling in the All Elite Wrestling (AEW) PPV All Out in Chicago in a losing effort against Andrade. 

But what I found really eerie was that PAC was one of many AEW wrestlers who paid tribute to Andy Williams (a.k.a. The Butcher) who passed away earlier this month. 

While there were many emotional tributes to The Butcher, PAC's stood out for its brevity and for saying so much in less than 30 seconds:

We always knew you were an anomaly. Too good for this world. So, Andy, I just want to say I love you, man. And you always made sure I knew you loved me too. I miss you my friend. 'Til we meet again. 

Sadly, PAC and The Butcher have met again and far too soon. 

I first remember PAC during his WWE days when he was known as Adrian Neville and later Neville. The match that I remember best was his shot at the WWE Title held by Seth Rollins in 2015. His skill and commitment to his craft was undeniable. While he was never booked to win the big prize he certainly more than held his own whether as the man gravity forgot when he was cheered or as the Bastard when he was jeered. 

AEW will formally pay tribute to PAC on its programming this coming Wednesday. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment