Thursday, August 17, 2023

Ex-Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn Blames Jews For Their Deportations to Auschwitz....Again

Former Trump National Security Advisor turned Christian nationalist QAnon adherent Michael Flynn blamed Jews for their deportations to Auschwitz and, by extension, their deaths during the Second World War. Speaking at a church in Michigan earlier this month, Flynn stated:

Any mother who would be told, "Give me your child! Give me your child! Your baby!" and we're gonna separate you and we're not just gonna put you on a club coach car, right, where there's buffet service. We're gonna stuff you like a sardine into a train.

From there, Flynn spoke about his visit to Auschwitz:

But I'm thinking to myself, cause I asked, I asked the guy, the astute historian who was walking myself and couple of us through 'em. I'm asking him, "So tell me what were the rules for the guards?" Because there weren't any guards. But there were thousands, thousands of people. Maybe it's a member of your congregation. Maybe it's you that just said, "Here's my child and get on the train." 

Not surprisingly this isn't the first time, Flynn has made such an analogy. In October 2021, at a rally for eventual New Hampshire Republican Senate nominee Don Bolduc, Flynn spoke about his visit to Auschwitz and said:

Jesus, how could somebody stand there and just allow these people to do that to them? And then knowing what they knew, how could they get on that train? I would have rather attacked that machine gun nest.

Knowing what I know today, I would never get on that train.

Well, that's easy for him to say, isn't it?

It is kind of curious that Flynn would talk about separating mothers from their children considering this was something the Trump Administration did at the Southern border. No, I am not likening the Trump Administration to Nazi Germany, but this deed was plenty cruel and inhumane. More to the point, I cannot imagine Flynn nor anyone else in this sphere pondering why migrant families didn't resist such efforts. 

Of course, Flynn's argument is morally bankrupt. The Nazis and the Nazis alone bear all responsibility for deporting Jews to death camps in an effort to exterminate Jews from the face of the Earth. Those who were sent to their deaths at Auschwitz did not ask for their fate nor were they complicit in bringing it about. Anyone who suggests the Jews were responsible for their deportations to Auschwitz is giving the Nazis absolution while sullying the memories of those Jews who were murdered at Auschwitz. Period.

Simply put, Michael Flynn is no friend of the Jews.

No comments:

Post a Comment