Friday, August 12, 2022

Anne Heche, R.I.P.

Actress Anne Heche has died one week after a fiery car crash into a house in a residential neighborhood in Los Angeles which destroyed the property and injured the woman living there. 

Although Heche had sustained severe burn injuries, she was initially expected to survive but with a "long recovery" ahead. But Heche also sustained a catastrophic brain injury and subsequently slipped into a coma never to regain consciousness. She had been kept on life support so that her organs can be harvested and donated. Heche was 53. 

While Heche had a lengthy career in movies and on TV, I must admit that when I thought of her I always associated her with romantic relationship with Ellen DeGeneres though that relationship ended more than 20 years ago. 

Whatever her success in her field, Heche led a difficult life alleging she was sexually assaulted by her father and was estranged from her family. Her brother also died in a car crash eerily similar to her own. One rarely escapes such tragedies unscathed and Heche had her share of mental health troubles

After her death was announced, Heche's 20-year old son Homer issued in statement which read in part, "Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom." As of now, we can only share his hope. R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment