Sunday, December 19, 2021

Why I'm Not Surprised Elizabeth Warren Got COVID


Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren has tested positive for COVID-19.

While I wish her a speedy recovery I am not surprised she has been infected. 

First, she has engaged in risky behavior as was the case when she attended Interior Secretary Deb Haaland's wedding maskless back in August.

Second, I happened to see her two weeks ago in Harvard Square. To be precise, it was at an optician's store. I had just had an eye exam and was picking out new glasses and in walks Warren with a female companion. She saw me with my mask on and asked, "Oh, do I have to wear a mask?" I just shook my head and glared at her. She quickly put on her mask. There was no further exchange between us.

I was annoyed with her because there was a sign outside the store indicating masks needed to be worn. Cambridge also reinstated its indoor mask mandate last September. While she spends much of her time in D.C., she is a resident of Cambridge and should surely be aware of this policy. 

I cannot help but wonder though with Warren being maskless at Haaland's wedding and my brief personal interaction with her that there are different rules in place for her than for the rest of us or if she simply thinks the rules don't apply to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment