Saturday, July 3, 2021

How I Loved This Cool, Rainy 57 Degree Day in July

Three days ago, it hit 100 degrees in Boston making it the hottest June on record. Today, July 3rd, the high was 57 - a record low. And it has been raining all day.

I absolutely love it. It is a relief. As much as I love having an air conditioner I'm glad I haven't had to use it today. I can wear long sleeves, enjoy the soothing rain outside my window and sleep without any noise from an AC. Having had to deal with hot weather since the end of February when I was still living in Atlanta I cannot begin to tell how much I enjoyed today.

This shall soon pass. Temperatures are going to gradually warm up and reach the 90 plus degree mark in three days from now. I'm just going to savor these rare few hours of natural cool comfort accompanied by gentle rain as I make my way to a pleasant slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment