Monday, March 29, 2021

Dr. Walensky Warns of "Impending Doom" as U.S. COVID Deaths Exceed 550,000

Although more than 3 million Americans are being vaccinated everyday, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky publicly expressed a sense of "impending doom" citing rising cases, hospitalizations and deaths over the past week citing a number of states which have seen fit to end mask mandates and open up without restriction.

This evening this country recorded its 550,000th death from COVID-19. According to Johns Hopkins University, there have been 550,003 deaths out of 30,330,242 cases.

Deaths have been slowing down of late. The U.S. went from 450,000 to 500,000 deaths in 19 days. It took 35 days to go from 500,000 to 550,000 deaths. This is encouraging, but if Dr. Walensky is right it will take less than five weeks to reach 600,000 deaths. 

Vaccinations are helping, but it is not a license to take off our masks and crowd shoulder to shoulder without a care in the world. At least not yet.

Let me put it this way. I'm not sure when I'm getting my vaccine(s). But when I do I'll still be wearing my mask and will maintain social distancing until I get the all clear. Better safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment