Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Omar's Disdain of Biden Makes Me Like Him More

In an interview with The Guardian over the weekend while attending the Iowa People's Presidential Forum, anti-Semitic Democratic Congresswoman Ilhan Omar declared she could not support Joe Biden's presidential bid:


There are few people who fit into the kind of progress that we all want to see in this country. And I would say he is not one of them.


I think it has been very clear to many of the people who have been creating the kind of movement that is exciting generations, that we want somebody who really has a plan that is going to tackle a lot of the systematic challenges that we have, and he doesn’t.


The fact that Omar doesn't like Biden makes me like him more. As such, I'm willing to give him a second look. Call it an anti-endorsement.


Omar's phrase "we want somebody who really has a plan" makes me think that she will most likely endorse Elizabeth Warren. After all, Warren's fans are fond of saying 'She has a plan for that.' Needless to say, if Omar were to support Warren it would be yet another reason for me to look unfavorably upon her.


Let me put it another way. Biden doesn't walk on water. But the fact both Omar and President Trump have seen fit to direct their ire towards him makes me think that he could be our least worst option. Unless Pete Buttigieg finds a second wind, it could prove to be our wisest course of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment