Saturday, May 19, 2018

Thoughts on The Duke & Duchess of Sussex

I really don't pay much attention to Britain's Royal Family or tabloid material. Of course, when I was in the UK in 1995, they were unavoidable on TV and in the tabloids. I even saw them from a distance during the VE Day celebrations at Hyde Park. But, for the most part, I have done my best to ignore it. Whatever their good deeds much of the pomp and circumstance rubs me the wrong way.

Nevertheless, most people love a wedding, especially of the royal variety. Like his older brother, it appears that Prince Harry has married well and above his station. I saw Meghan Markle on Suits though I didn't care much for the show nor did I find her character particularly appealing. There has been some issue as to how well Markle has treated some members of her family. But in this day and age it is hard to know what is true and what isn't. Given their late mother's unhappy marriage, I think both William and Harry bided their time in finding the right person for them.

It is encouraging to know that some people are capable of growth and maturity. Prince Harry has come a long way from when he wore a Nazi uniform at a costume party. I wish the same could be said for our President.

I think it is fairly safe to say that children will soon follow as has been the case with William and Kate Middleton who now have three in just over seven years of marriage.

With that, I bid the newly christened Duke & Duchess of Sussex a matrimony full of joy and merriment.

No comments:

Post a Comment