Monday, April 23, 2018

Thoughts on Toronto

Regardless of what motivated the man who deliberately killed 10 people while injuring 15 others with a rental van, a stretch of Canada's longest street in Canada's biggest city is closed in a clutter of chaos.

Given the frequency with which vehicles have been used in terrorist attacks over the past several years one cannot and should not entirely rule out that possibility. But we have also learned that one need not have a political motive to commit mass murder as was the case in Las Vegas. Whatever the reason these sorts of attacks have become part and parcel of our post-modern age.

Once again a city which I have either frequently visited or lived in over the years has become the sight of bloodshed and mass carnage. Sooner or later, I wonder if I will see such bloodshed and carnage up close and personal. I hope I will never have to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment