Sunday, August 20, 2017

It Has Been One Year Since I Stopped Writing For The American Spectator & Started This Blog

Exactly one year has passed since I stopped writing for The American Spectator and started this blog.

I chose to put TAS behind me the moment Bob Tyrrell told me to lay off Donald Trump. It was the only choice I could have made under the circumstances. TAS has turned into Breitbart Lite. I simply cannot pretend Donald Trump is Jesus Christ walking on water. Don't get me wrong. I'll check in on Ross Kaminsky, Larry Thornberry or David Catron (who I had the privilege of meeting along with his wife Mary last November) from time to time. But honestly I had no place there. If I hadn't left a year ago, I would not have lasted that much longer. Certainly not after Trump's election.

I've had four pieces published at National Review Online in 2017 and hope there will be more to come. Most of the stuff I've written to this point has been fairly apolitical although my Amelia Earhart piece had some anti-Trump undertones. Perhaps I will have more of an opportunity to be overtly anti-Trump if the NRO editors are amenable. Whether this comes to pass or not, I'll continue to write what I want when I want here.

No comments:

Post a Comment