Thursday, March 16, 2017

Who Wants To Use An All-Gender Restroom?


This is our not so brave new world. It is not the first time I've encountered one, but it's the first time I've actually seen a sign.

Just so I'm clear this isn't a single occupancy washroom. This is co-ed.

Now this particular venue in The People's Republic of Cambridge does cater to a LGBT crowd so perhaps a case can be made there is a demand in these circumstances. Let's remember that we live in an age where even President Trump says Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner should be able to the use the bathroom of his/her choice at Trump Tower. Bu it's one thing to accommodate someone who identifies and appears as a woman in the ladies' room, but its quite another to make washrooms all genders all the time.

Now for those of you progressives who liken my attitudes to those which prevailed during Jim Crow let me share this thought. I am one of two males in an office of 14 people. Somehow I doubt any of those dozen women would want me sharing the restroom with them.

Could you imagine being on a date at a restaurant? Nothing would kill romance than having your date in the stall beside you after having lasagna.

I had to use a couple of times. The first time I prayed that no one would come in and was grateful no one did. The second time was right after the show had ended. Of course there was a rush. Invariably, a woman entered and said, "I won't look at the stalls."

This is uncomfortable for all parties involved and no one wants to do it except for those who wish to impose it upon us in the name of progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment