Friday, January 13, 2023

Claiming Classified Documents Were Planted is a Lazy Argument From Both Democrats & Republicans

Georgia Democratic Congressman Hank Johnson is claiming classified documents could have been planted at President Biden's home. In an interview with Fox News, Johnson stated:

I’m also aware of the fact that things can be planted on people… things can be planted in places and then discovered conveniently. That may be what has occurred here. I’m not ruling that out. But I’m open in terms of the investigation needs to be investigated
Um, no.

Barring evidence in support of such an assertion (which Johnson does not have) then it is nothing more than a lazy argument.

It's every bit as lazy as Texas Republican Congressman Ronny Jackson's claim last August that the FBI had planted classified documents during the the raid on Mar-a-Lago

No one trusts the FBI or the DOJ anymore. I don’t trust them any further than I can throw that entire building. So this is just their attempt to try to stave off the special master. Who knows what they got out of there. I don’t trust these people at all.

They came in, they spent nine hours in there. They walked in with backpacks, they kicked out the president’s lawyers, the Secret Service agents. Who knows, in my opinion, I’m just going to say, if they told me they found something I wouldn’t know that they actually found it there or said they found it there or if they just said they found it there. I don’t trust this organization anymore. The American people don’t trust this organization anymore.

Again, no. Just no.

Erosion of trust in our public institutions is accelerated when elected officials are content to recite conspiracy theories instead of providing sobriety and introspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment