Monday, February 1, 2021

Dustin Diamond, R.I.P.

Actor Dustin Diamond, best known for playing "Screech" Powers on the 1990's sitcom Saved By The Bell and its various spinoffs, has passed away of lung cancer. He was 44. 

I probably watched more Saved By The Bell than I care to admit. But it was easy to identify with Screech and I suspect I am far from alone in this sentiment. 

In real life, Diamond was somewhat persona non grata as he was excluded from the Saved By The Bell reboot. It probably didn't help matters when he "penned" a biography Behind The Bell which put his classmates in an unfavorable light. He would later apologize while claiming a ghostwriter had written the book.

In recent years, Diamond was involved in a litany of reality TV shows such as Celebrity Fit Club, Celebrity Big Brother and Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling. 

Diamond was diagnosed with cancer last month. I leave you with his final interview. R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment