Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Trump & Kanye Are Two Sides Of The Same Coin

Much has been made of yesterday's meeting between President-Elect Donald Trump and hip-hop star Kanye West and I want to make just a little bit more.


To some, the two might seem polar opposites but I view them as two sides of the same coin. Both of them are great and they'll tell you about it. Trump says he knows more about ISIS than the Generals (not that it has stopped him from appointing Generals to his Cabinet) while Kanye says, "I'm a creative genius and there is no other way to word it." Can we surprised that those with such delusions of grandeur who admire each other so much?


I suppose I should qualify delusions of grandeur. After all, Trump becomes the 45th President of the United States in just over five weeks while Kanye can hire Paul McCartney as a side man. There's no denying both men have come far in life. But I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.


Those who are actually great never have to tell us that they are. The world simply knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment