Monday, November 29, 2021

I Wish Lauren Boebert & Ilhan Omar Were Locked in a Room Together For All Eternity


Needless to say, I don't have a high opinion of either Colorado Republican Congresswoman Lauren Boebert or Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar. Indeed, I have made my contempt for both Boebert and Omar abundantly clear.

I am taking the opportunity to reiterate my contempt for both as the two have been engaged in a silly feud better suited to taking a place at a professional wrestling match but instead culminated with a phone call. Boebert started a feud by accusing Omar of being a terrorist. She is hardly in any position to call anyone a terrorist given her support (possibly material support) for the January 6th attacks on Capitol Hill

Boebert has been accused of being Islamophobic and I suspect she does not care much for Muslims. But for the love of God let's please stop pretending Omar isn't an anti-Semite who has questioned the loyalty of Jewish Americans. Omar is no position to take Republicans to task for having "mainstreamed bigotry and hate" when she is powerful enough to get Democrats to turn a blind eye to anti-Semitism among their own ranks. Omar's fellow Minnesotan Senator Amy Klobuchar tweeted on the feud, "Bigotry is never funny, bigotry is never a joke, and bigotry must always be condemned." Mind you, Klobuchar did so without acknowledging Omar's own bigotry. As such I cannot take Senator Klobuchar seriously.

If it were up to me I would have Boebert and Omar locked in a room together for all of eternity. Then perhaps some serious work could be done. Unfortunately, rooms would also have to be set aside for AOC and Marjorie Taylor Greene, for Madison Cawthorn and Jamaal Bowman, Matt Gaetz and Ayanna Pressley, etc, etc. When one deals with one set of fools another set soon emerges to take their place. And so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment