Friday, August 16, 2019

Tlaib Was More Interested In Boycotting Israel Than Visiting Her Grandmother

After being banned from entry into Israel, Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib wrote Israel's Interior Minister Aryeh Deri requesting that she be granted entry into the West Bank to visit her elderly grandmother as it "could be my last opportunity to see her". Tlaib added, "I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit."


On the basis of Tlaib's letter, Deri granted her permission to enter. However, by this morning, Tlaib had changed her tune:


When I won, it gave the Palestinian people hope that someone will finally speak the truth about the inhumane conditions. I can't allow the State of Israel to take away that light by humiliating me & use my love for my sity to bow down to their oppressive & racist policies.

Silencing me & treating me like a criminal is not what she wants for me. It would kill a piece of me. I have decided that visiting my grandmother under these oppressive conditions stands against everything I believe in--fighting against racism, oppression & injustice.

In other words when Tlaib was lying when she told Deri she would "respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit." Tlaib had no intention of visiting her grandmother and used her as a political prop. All Tlaib cares about is promoting BDS and its anti-Semitism. Even if one disagrees with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu's decision to bar Tlaib along with Ilhan Omar (as I do) let us not disregard the anti-Semitic nature of her agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment