Saturday, August 27, 2016

Libertarian VP Candidate William Weld Ignored My Question About The Iran Nuclear Deal

Towards the end of his address on The Boston Common this afternoon, Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson said, "I have no idea why you showed up on a beautiful Saturday afternoon."

Well, neither do I.

While I was open to voting for Libertarian ticket, n the two Libertarian forums on CNN, I've been fairly critical of the Johnson-Weld ticket. I didn't think much of their praise of President Obama and Hillary Clinton. By the end of their second CNN appearance, I concluded that I would rather hire Gary Johnson to be my personal trainer than be our President.

The only reason I attended the rally because it was advertised "Both Governors will answers questions from the audience."

Baloney.

Johnson couldn't get out of there fast enough. At least, Weld stuck around a little bit to pose for pictures including with a Libertarian candidate for Congress. But when I asked, "Where do you stand on the Iran nuclear deal?" he completely ignored me. I was standing no more than 10 feet away from him. Really, really annoying.

If Johnson and Weld didn't want to answer questions then why was this gathering billed as one featuring Q & A?

This now completely eliminates any possibility that I will cast my ballot for the Libertarians.

It's probably just as well. I doubt Gary Johnson will get on the debate stage and if he did he would set back the libertarian cause back 50 years. Honestly, the audience wasn't in to what Johnson was saying except for when he said he would legalize marijuana. Weld (who, of course, is a former Massachusetts Governor) had far more of a connection with the audience.

Oh well. No need for me to get out of joint about all of it.

At least, I got this picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment