Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Why The AL & NL Wild Card Games Should Be a Best Two Out of Three Game Format

Both Wild Card games were enjoyable exciting especially the NL Wild Card Game. But I think MLB should change the Wild Card game from a winner takes all formula to a best two games out of three format.

The main reason for this is because neither Minnesota Twins or Colorado Rockies fans got to see their team play in the post-season in person. I would hate to be a Twins or Rockies fan and not get to have a playoff game in my hometown. If I had it my way, the Wild Card team with the lower winning percentage would host the first game with the team with the higher winning percentage would host the second game and, if necessary, the third game.

In many cases, one or both of the Wild Card teams have better records than the division winners. Being confined to one game seems an injustice.

Of course, I also want to see as much baseball as I possibly can. So my reasons are selfish. But selfishness is the best motivation of any true fan of baseball.

I doubt MLB will implement this idea. But I am putting forward anyway. I've nothing to lose by trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment